It will be Thanksgiving the day after tomorrow (unless you live in some other country, and then I don't know when yours is or even if you have one. If you'd like to share with the class....we'd be interested to hear it.)Here is the beginning of my grateful list. 100 things I'm grateful for in random order.
100. My husband's warm body on early Fall mornings when I'm cold.
99. The smell of warm oatmeal bread baking in the oven.
98. Children who are old enough to help out in holiday preparations.
97. Slobbery kisses from the one-year-old, especially when they're lollipop flavored.
96. The froggy belly laugh of #2.
95. Good friends. I mean the really good kind that you can ask moral, ethical, or really embarrassing questions and they answer them all and don't think you're weird for asking.
94. A blog instead of a therapist. It's much cheaper.
93. The Computer Guy's new job. He's still settling in, but seems to like it. (Most days)
92. Electric blankets for pretty much the same reason as #100.
91. The treadmill at the gym that keeps me running at a good pace, and hasn't thrown me into the wall. (Yet.)
90. Our priest is back from Iraq just in time for Advent.
89. The little creek behind our house where my boys get lost in hours of make-believe.
88. The fact that #5 can walk. He's a heavy boy and I was tired of carrying him.
87. The cold mornings that give me an excuse to cuddle up to my warm husband.
86. Turkey and dressing and mashed potatoes....
85. Our new house. It's beginning to feel like home.
84. My grandmother-in-law coming through surgery fine last week.
83. The Confessional. I need to go there, often.
82. The little black puppy that makes everyone laugh when he slips on the tile floor.
81. The dog we already had who thinks that the little black puppy is fun.
80. The red lights I hit when I'm running late. It's God teaching me patience. I just know it is.
79. My crockpot. Some days it is the whole reason we get to eat dinner.
78. The clear blue plastic that is helping #3 read. Who knew that was all it took.
69. #4's happy dance.
68. My Saturday job which allows me to lay a few of my own demons to rest.
66. My Nanna who loved me enough to lecture me and inspire the title of my blog.
65. The fact that I keep winning the lottery in Britain and Zimbabwe even though I never entered them. Now that's good luck!
64. Lipstick red, peep-toed, patent leather shoes.
63. Aloe vera plants. I'm serous. You should be eating it.
62. My mother in law who raised my husband and then gave him to me. There are no words for that kind of gratitude.
61. Gone With the Wind and The Godfather, I read them over and over and over...
60. The opportunity to educate my children at home.
59. Co-op days when they go somewhere else.
58. #3's vivid imagination and creativity. He can create the most fantastic costumes out of paper, markers and an old shoe. He's like MacGyver.
56. My close friend who spent an entire afternoon helping me rearrange the living room.
55. Restaurants with buffets. The no-wait thing makes eating out with children much easier.
54. Restaurants with menus for those times when the Computer Guy and I get out alone.
53. Spell check so y'all don't know how dumb I really am.
52. The alarm that beeps every time a door is opened. It keeps the little guys from escaping.
51. #2 who tries to get away with stuff and keeps me on my toes.
50. Hormonal pre-teen girls who make me laugh.