I'm introducing a new feature here until I either run out of stuff to say or until I get bored with it. I blog I read regularly (Sprogblogger) has a daily list of things she's grateful for, just to keep things in perspective. She may not always write a post, but she always has her list. I'm stealing it, in that whole copying being the highest form of flattery thing. I hope she thinks so, too.
1. The first crisp, cool morning of Fall. I'm not a huge fan of Fall. It goes by much too quickly and then we're right into gray and depressing winter, but the first crisp morning is heavenly.
2. Last night #1 and I got a Dr Pepper slurpee at 7-11. It's instant brain freeze in a cup which makes us laugh and it's tasty too. It's happiness in a cup for the bargain price of $.69. Where else can you get such a bargain?
3. #2 is at his grandparents' house in Texas for 10 days. From what I can tell on the phone, they are having a nice visit. My mother-in-law is doing his homeschooling while he's down there. She's still not sure that we aren't ruining the children academically, but she was willing to give it a whirl and I was eager for her to see that it's much more "school-like" than she fears. Pretty cool.
4. I just bought a new blender and am enjoying fresh smoothies every morning for breakfast. I just have one question, is the soy milk I use considered dairy or a vegetable on that whole food pyramid thingy?
5. We signed up for a video service that sends me two new videos every time I send the old ones back. (You know who they are, they don't pay me to shill for them.) I didn't think I would like it so much. The Computer Guy and I get a pseudo-date night whenever a "grown-up movie" arrives. I should have put more of those on my list.