Instead, I got up this morning to work on my resolutions. I'm posting them here so I don't forget them.
- Stop being so hard on myself about the way I look. I used to be the chubby one, now I'm the thin-ish one. I still weigh the same. I didn't have to lose weight, just wait for everyone else to get fat.
- Start getting rid of all the extra stuff in my house. It's just stuff and I don't want to have to move it. (Didn't I tell you? Dallas...18-24 months. I hate Dallas.)
- Stop telling people "I hate Dallas" when I tell them we're moving.
- Find ways to cook healthier meals. I cook like Paula "add a stick of butter to that" Deen, I need to cook like someone a little further north. Their stuff doesn't taste as good. Find a way to make Paula Deen healthier.
- Get back into running. There's a lot of satisfaction in knowing you can run 10 miles even if you don't look like you can. I think I need new shoes first. Any suggestions for me Imelda?
- Write a book. Y'all keep sending me e-mails asking me to write a book. I'll give it a whirl, but no promises that it will ever see the light of day. You already get my blog, isn't that enough?
- Write on my blog more often.
- Be too busy for the first 3 months of the year for the people who are emotional vampires. "I'm sorry, I can't talk right now...I'm too busy." Then pray for them. I have to find my own sanity before I can help anyone else locate theirs.
- Pray more. With words.
10. Learn to do this without you.