Last year I did 100 things I love about the Computer Guy. It's a pretty comprehensive list, but I'd like to add a few things.
50. I snored louder than anyone when I was pregnant with #6, you still slept in the same bed with me.
49. I invited complete strangers to Thanksgiving dinner, and all you wanted to know was where to put the extra chairs.
48. You hate the snow, but took the children outside for a snowball fight at Christmas.
47. I take all of your traditional family recipes and tweak them. You always say you like it better the way I make it.
46.You like your salad dry. (It makes me laugh. I don't know why.)
45. You pester the children to fold the laundry, and then redo it so that it's done right.
44. You still play that dumb Star Wars game.
43. One of the reasons you want to move back to Texas is so that we can live closer to my grandmother.
42. The way you look in a baseball cap.
41. You have your big comfy recliner in the living room, but you never say a word when I steal your spot.
40. The baby sleeps with us because it's easier on me, and most of you is okay with that.
39. The part of you that isn't because you just want to curl up with your wife.
38. You've patted all our babies to sleep with the "tha-dump" rhythm of a heart beat.
37. You hate broccoli. When I make it with dinner you always eat some so as to be a good example to the children.
36. You think they don't notice when you spit it into your napkin.
35. You separate you socks into different drawers based on color.
34. Part of what I liked about my new computer was its red color. You may have rolled your eyes, but you never said a word.
33. You supported me with my writing, even when it was just this blog, and you will continue to support me even if the stupid blog is all it ever is.
32. No matter how big I dream for myself, you always dream bigger.
31. You go to all of #1's basketball games, and actually know all the players and their stats.
30. When she cheers, you know all the words.
29. You go to #2's gymnastics meets and know all of his teammates and cheer them all on.
28. When #4's front tooth died and turned dark, you told her how beautiful her smile was.
27. You swore you'd never sell anything for the kids at the office, then #4 became a girl scout. You sold over 100 boxes of cookies in one day.
26. When the Middle East offices call with computer problems in the middle of the night, you take just as much time helping them as you do the people who call during the day. They need your help, you help. I love that.
25. When #3 was in the hospital, you rubbed his back and kept him calm all night. I never felt badly that his mom wasn't there because he had his dad.
24. #5 loves to sit on your lap. You always find room for him.
23. When the children go to spend the night with friends you always miss them and wish they were home.
22. My ring tone on your phone is "Rock you like a hurricane." You're a nut.
21. You know that only good Mexican food has orange grease.
20. You laugh at me when I sing along with the music in stores, but never ask me to stop.
19. You thank me at least once a week for being your wife.
18. You steal the warm blankets every night, and apologize for it every morning.
17. You dim the lights in the bathroom when you get ready for work so that the baby and I can sleep a little later.
16. You finally got a cute car to drive, and act as if you're spoiled because of it.
15. You waited 14 years to get to buy a 12 year old car. You're not spoiled. You're patient.
14. You say grace before every meal, including the Sign of the Cross. Every meal, no matter where.
13. I started wearing a mantilla. You don't get it, but you kind of like it anyway.
12. Your daughter started wearing a mantilla and you decided that all this modesty was a good thing.
11. You're not social;I am. We have people over for dinner often and you're always gracious.
10. You remember everyone's name, even when I don't, which is all the time.
9. You futz around with the fountain on the front porch all summer because you know I like the stupid thing.
8. I wanted a netbook, you thought I needed a laptop. You listened to my reasoning and got me what I wanted, even though it made no sense to you.
7. There is no place you'd rather be than in our living room with our whole family, just hanging out.
6. You go find special blankets and stuffed animals at bedtime without them even asking.
5. I have annoying family members, you love them anyway just because they belong to me.
4. You read all of your grandfather's Louis L'Amour books and dream of a time before computers.
3. You're sarcastic.
2. You know that our main job is to help each other become saints.
1. You're so much closer to that than I am, but with your help I'll make it.
I love you, Computer Guy. I'm so glad I get to be your wife.